Friday, May 12, 2017

Embrace

I had some fun playing with new products while making an exchange card for the stamping group that I belong to...

The challenge for the exchange was to use a Stampin' Up neutral color...I choose Stampin' Up's "Crumb Cake" cardstock.  I began by running a panel of the crumb cake through my paper crimper. After crimping, Dina Wakely Media Gesso was brushed onto the crimped surface and the edges of the panel, distressed.

I wrapped May Art's 2.5" Cotton Blend Vintage Print-Plain ribbon around the panel, then taped it to the card base. A sentiment made up of Tim Holtz "Chitchat" self adhesive word stickers was sponged with a bit of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Walnut Stain ink, then placed on the background.

The tea cup was die cut out of the crumbcake cardstock using Tim Holtz' Tea Time Bigz die. I stamped the cup with JustRite's Lace Background stamp and Tim Holtz Faded Denim Distress Oxide ink (along with a bit of the Distress Oxide in Walnut Stain) then wet a part of it to activate the oxidizing process. What a fabulous, matte finish!  The tea bag is strung with a piece of May Art's Burlap String and finished with a tiny punched heart. 

TomBow Mono Multi Glue and Thermoweb 3D Foam Strips were used to glue it all together.

I hope that you enjoyed my project for today! I look forward to using the Distress Oxide inks much more in the future!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Estelle said...

I got a cup and saucer stamp this past week, so just love this card!